Are you or a loved waiting for placement in a Long-Term Care facility, but need immediate relief or assistance? Then perhaps GTA Senior Care Solutions can assist with you with finding short-term Interim Care options.
What is Interim Care?
Interim Care is when a long-term care facility offers immediate, short-term service to a patient who is awaiting placement in a different long-term care facility.
To qualify for interim care, your loved one must currently be in a hospital awaiting placement in a long-term care facility. All long-term choices should already have been made. Interim care is a stop on the way to your chosen destination. As a result, staying at an interim care facility has a limit of 120 days.
How much do Interim Care facilities cost?
Prices and price structures are generally set by the government. All long-term care facilities that offer interim care services charge on a per day basis. Some require full payment upon check in, while others allow payment in installments.
The government subsidizes interim care in the same manner it subsidizes long-term care: it assists with ward room accommodations but not private or semi-private rooms.
What kind of care can I expect?
An Interim Care facility provides the same levels of care and treatment or requires a facility with the same resources as a long-term care arrangement.
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADL), such as eating, bathing, personal hygiene, toilet usage and hygiene, and dressing and undressing
- Assistance with functional mobility: moving from one area to another, including transitional movements like getting in and out of bed, chairs, or vehicles, and navigating stairs or obstacles
- Daily housekeeping and laundering services, which includes bedding and clothing
- Facility maintenance and upkeep
- Companionship and social interaction with friendly, trained staff and with other residents
- Recreational activities and facilities, group outings, and special events
- 24/7 nursing and critical care trained to treat and care for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer’s & Dementia, diabetes, and other chronic illnesses
- Detailed care plans tailored to meet each resident’s individual needs
- Prescription management and medication administration
- A full complement of fully trained and licensed medical staff
- Access to emergency services and equipment and training in their use and administration
- Rich educational and training resources in the care and treatment of a range of common illnesses and conditions
- GTA Senior Care Solutions can help you find facilities with registered dietitians onsite to assess and monitor your loved one's dietary requirements
- We help you coordinate personal nutrition plans with your chosen care facility
- Assistance in developing specialized diets for unique dietary needs or conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, food allergies, and others
- Find facilities with full-service kitchens that prepare all meal and snacks on-site using fresh ingredients
- We recommend homes with a rotating menu of meals that offer residents a selection of delicious and nutritious options, in addition to the specialized and customized individual meals mentioned above
In need of urgent Interim Care? GTA Senior Care Solutions can help! Contact Us right away and one of our qualified patient care advocates will be able to assist you.